|Topic for Discussion: “Present Value and Discounting?”
Few days ago, the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has raised interest rate up to 9.5 percent from 9.0 percent, in line with requirements set by the International Monetary Fund. This increase was in a need to curtail rising inflation by tightening the flow of liquidity through higher interest rate. You were planning to purchase an insurance policy. What will be the effect of this rise in interest rate on:
a) Present value of insurance policy
b) Future value of insurance policy
- Your discussion comments must be based on logical facts.
- Your comments should be brief and to-the-point. Avoid unnecessary details.
- Your discussion should not exceed 120 words
- The GDB will open and close on above specified date and time. Please note that no grace day or extra time will be given for posting comments on GDB.
- Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
- Your answer should be relevant to the topic i.e. clear and concise.
- Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students. Two identical / copied comments will be marked Zero (0) and may damage your grade in the course.
- Books, websites and other reading material may be consulted before posting your comments; but copying or reproducing the text from books, websites and other reading materials is strictly prohibited. Such comments will be marked as Zero (0) even if you provide references.
- You must post your answer on the Graded Discussion Board (GDB), not on the Moderated Discussion Board (MDB). Both will run parallel to each other during the time specified above. Therefore, due care will be needed.
- Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
- You cannot participate in the discussion after the due date via email.
- Questions / queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.