HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (MGT501)
GRADED DISCUSSION BOARD
Topic: Job Description
A computer parts manufacturing company does not use formal job description; and has no intention of doing so, too. The HR consultant of this organization asked CEO that the employees of the organization may sue regarding it; and it would be very difficult for the organization to defend its employment practices in the Court of Law.
The CEO agreed with the HR consultant’s observation but implied that formal job descriptions would reduce the company’s flexibility to deploy its human resources to their full potential in a highly competitive environment.
If you are the HR consultant, what further advice would you give to the CEO concerning the use of formal job descriptions?
1. Your discussion must be based on logical facts.
2. The GDB will remain open for 2 working days/ 48 hours.
3. Do not copy or exchange your answer with other students.
4. Obnoxious or ignoble answer should be strictly avoided.
5. Questions/queries related to the content of the GDB, which may be posted by the students on MDB or via e-mail, will not be replied till the due date of GDB is over.