ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR (MGT502) FALL 2013
ASSIGNMENT NO. 1
NON GRADED ACTIVITY
DUE DATE: NOVEMBER 22, 2013
MARKS: 20 Lesson: 01 – 08
Topic: Diverse Workforce
The prime objective of this assignment is to know about diversity and diverse workforce.
- After attempting this activity, you will be able to know diverse workforce and organisational culture.
- You will be able to know challenges faced by organisation in diverse workforce.
- You will be able to know diverse workforce bring creativity and innovation in the organisation.
Workforce has diversified work place all over the world as well as in Pakistan due to globalization, emerging minorities, multi-generation and multi-culturism. People from different countries and cities with different culture, race and religion combine and work together which creates differences among employees in terms of thinking, norms, values and religion. Managing workforce diversity is to handle the diversified workforce. Due to diversified workforce the differences like age, culture, disabilities, race, religion, and gender has emerged in Pakistani organisations. Pakistan is multi cultural, religion, sects, and races country including four provinces, Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Jammu Kashmir. Due to it, diverse workforce is in public and private sector organisations of Pakistan. The state laws protect employees from job discrimination, meaning employers are generally prohibited from considering factors like race, gender and nationality when making hiring decisions. Instead, organisations must hire candidates based on relevant skills, education, experience and aptitude.
|Look around your organisation. In what ways does it reflect diversity in the workforce?||10 marks|
|Describe the organisational culture that seems to exist in your organisation. What are some of the|
|implicit or explicit norms and values exist in your organisation?||10 marks|
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS/ SOLUTION GUIDELINES/ SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Pre Mid-Term semester activities have been started and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country now a days. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.
OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
- Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
- Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
- It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
- You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
- Use black and blue font colors only.
- Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit http://linguistics.byu.edu/faculty/henrichsenl/apa/APA01.html
RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
- It is submitted after the due date.
- The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
- It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF etc.
- It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.