DON’T MISS THESE Important instructions:
- To solve this assignment, you should have good command over first 10 lectures.
- Upload assignments (Microsoft word) properly through LMS, (No Assignment will be accepted through email).
- Write your ID on the top of your solution file.
- All students are directed to use the font and style of text as is used in this document.
- Don’t use colorful back grounds in your solution files.
- Use Math Type or Equation Editor etc for mathematical symbols.
- This is not a group assignment, it is an individual assignment so be careful and avoid copying others’ work. If some assignment is found to be copy of some other, both will be awarded zero marks. It also suggests you to keep your assignment safe from others. No excuse will be accepted by anyone if found to be copying or letting others copy.
Don’t wait for the last date to submit your assignment.
Question # 1
A football player kicks a football straight up in to the air with an initial velocity of 25m/s. What is the approximate maximum height that the ball reaches? Use acceleration due to gravity (g) as 9.8m/s2. Marks = 7
Question # 2
In the classic horse and cart problem, a horse is attached to a cart that can roll along on a set of wheels. Which of the following statement is true? Also explain the reason of your selected choice as well.
a) The horse pulls on the cart with a force, and the cart pulls, back on the horse with an equal force.
b) The horse pulls on the cart with a force greater than the force that the cart pulls back on the horse.
c) The horse pulls the cart forward because the force of friction forward is greater than the force of the wagon backward.
d) The horse pulls the cart forward, because of a time delay between the action and reaction forces.
e) The horse pulls the cart forward, but only if the horse has a mass greater than the mass of
the cart. Marks = 6 (2+4)
Question # 3
Is it true to say that a projectile has zero acceleration at its peak? If yes explain if not give a reason. Marks = 4
Question # 4
(a)Anna is pushing but the box does not move. What is the force of static friction shown in below figure? Marks = 3
(b) What is the maximum static friction force shown in below figure? The coefficient of static friction for these materials is 0.31. Marks = 5
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Wish you good luck>>>>>>>>>>>>