Physics (PHY101) VU of Pakistan
Assignment 2: (Spring 2013)
TOTAL MARKS: 25
Due Date: 16/05/2013
DON’T MISS THESE Important instructions:
• To solve this assignment, you should have good command over first 15 lectures.
• Upload assignments (Microsoft word) properly through LMS, (No Assignment will be accepted through email).
• Write your ID on the top of your solution file.
• All students are directed to use the font and style of text asis used in this document.
• Don’t use colorful back groundsin your solution files.
• Write to the point and avoid from unnecessary explanation. Don’t copy/paste from internet or any other source.
• Use Math Type or Equation Editor etc for mathematical symbols.
• This is not a group assignment, it is an individual assignment so be careful and avoid copying others’ work. If some assignment is found to be copy of some other, both will be awarded zero marks. It also suggests you to keep your assignment safe from others. No
excuse will be accepted by anyone if found to be copying or letting others copy. Don’t wait for the last date to submit your assignment.
Question # 1
Is it true or wrong that a point on a wheel rotates from 12 o’clock to 3 o’clock, so its angular displacement is 90 degrees? If yes explain it if no write its reason. Marks = 4
Question # 2
A potter’s wheel rotates. A location farther from the axis will have a greater angular velocity than one closer to the axis. Either yes or no explain in each case. Marks = 5
Question # 3
a. Can you write the basic reason of resonance? Is there any role of natural frequency in this phenomenon or not?
b. Generally it is accepted about the slope at any point on the displacement graph of an object in SHM (Simple Harmonic Motion) isits velocity. Are you agree it or not? Marks = 7 (4+3)
Question # 4
I have a baseball bat. I shave off some weight fromthe handle and put it on the head of the bat. A baseball player thinks I have changed the bat’s moment of inertia. Ishe right? Marks = 4
Question # 5
a. Is it true to consider ‘torque’ asa ‘force’? Give its explanation.
b. A torque that causes counterclockwise acceleration is a positive torque or negative. Marks = 5(3+2)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Wish you good luck>>>>>>>>>>>>